More Art Cards



This was me the other day, when I decided that actually I had a lot of suitable card stock that were other things, like stiff book covers, oddball purchases etc of that kind of weight. So I set too and cut/folded them into different sized card blanks

The stuff in box, mostly for "mats"
The stuff in the baggies, various sized envelopes - it appears I often bought these kind of individual things at op-shops!


Today pairing up cards with envelopes, some don't have a mat yet

making "art cards" 

L & R are the new inked on shiny papers
C: scraps that I kept making during today's process!

L: using something that went vaguely wrong during the Golden Paint Kit challenge, but looks alright here
C: another one of the inked papers on an entertaining collaged background
R: an experiment back long ago, when I smudged paint on card

***
There are others from today, but this is just snippet.
There is plenty more to play with

I've found a better way to enclose them...and will work on that soon

These all have the makers name on the reverse and most have an op-shop envelope

***
It's been fun!

However, my idea of using up paper stash...seems to mean, yes this piece of this larger piece, gives me a whole lot of "scraps"


Comments

wrong word - grammar - has appeared - I hate having to go back to edit! I know ya all understand...
Ann said…
Not only are you very organized with everything sorted out but your art cards are delightful. All are so unique
Ann, These might be organized but a lot of my supplies are "NOT" ... but it is nice to say "now where did I put that lot?" :-). I don't think I could make one of a whole of same...
CheerfulMonk said…
A lot of artists think it's best not to have their supplies organized. Chaos spurs creativity.

I like the results, but even more important, you are playing and having a blast. Yay, Catherine!
well that's true - disorganisation does at times help - and maybe that will be the case from this "time period" where I don't seem to mind rifling through lots of piles/boxes to find "that thing, I know I have some place"

the only problem with that is I get sidetracked...and never find "that thing"

yep, I'm having a blast...

going to be doing a whole lot more for the rest of the week, may take a trip out to some place...but my friend cancelled our catchup/coffee. Which isn't a problem...
Anonymous said…
just the fact you're having FUN makes me feel good!
xoxo
tammy: welcome back...fun changed slightly today, got a couple of friends coming to take to the "home-type store" one of my heating units died inconveniently this morning - and that meant as it's a twosome I need 2 blank/seatable objects!

Popular Posts