Walking ++ not in the 'hood

 It's Friday and it turned out to be a brilliant Spring - 2 - Summers Day so I make an effort to visit with Ngaire in Newmarket. The gallery email showed the Beach Boys and I wanted to see them up close! Whilst I was there one of their regular clients called from all places Florida, USA about buying the Penguins - another of the pencil on archival paper...

https://exhibitionsgallery.co.nz/

Anyway here are some photos from various places:

New Lynn railway station - the train is arriving, not the one I'm getting...going West

Believe it or not - here it is going further West. The trains are drivable each end and this train was 2 trains long i.e. 6 carriages 

I've travelled to Grafton Station and I'm walking down Khyber Pass Road to Newmarket 
and I see some nice flowers!

ditto further down, I'm almost at Newmarket

When I left the Gallery I stopped here on Broadway a relatively big junction 

Then I bus over to Kingsland and there beside an old church is this bed of brightness

This is the Kingsland railway station - it is a strange combination of stairs and overhead bridge


I've cross over from that side via the overhead bridge and lift and I'm waiting for my train 

Kingsland is adjacent to Eden Park where the majority of the last Rugby world cup was hosted, of course such venues are almost closed now due to "restrictions on gathering numbers"

***
That's all for today but I hopped off the train at Avondale, walked down to the main drag there and caught the bus out to New Lynn. Then within 15 mins on the #186 with a bit of a walk from another street

The reason I stopped and restarted was because of the mask...I get overwhelmed in and I need a short walking break here and there.
But there was a plus today, have no idea how it happened but my glasses didn't get fogged up...at all!

***
And now it's gonna be the weekend...let's see what I can achieve :-) 




Comments

Anne L said…
Thanks for the link to the exhibition. I love his paintings. 'Beach boys' was gorgeous, and I can see why the buyer wanted the penguins.
I'm always astounded at how many sales this particular gallery has for overseas buyers - during our major L/4 period - Ngaire would put together virtual videos and once she said she had sent something to Spain. I suppose as you gather a reputation you have sales...it's not a big gallery and it never looks cluttered, there is a room out the back with works they represent. I doubt I will ever be one of their artists but as Ngaire said today "we speak the same speak"

and as soon as I got there, there was a hug and one when I left...
Ann said…
Thanks for the tour. I enjoyed that. It's always nice to see new places without ever having to leave my chair.
That's quite an accomplishment to not have your glasses fog up from the mask. I hate that part of it.
nice to have this avenue to post "random outing pictures" - some times I couldn't get a clear shot, other people in the way.

I think I read somewhere that we get agitated so much with the fogging it makes it worse. And if you can try to breathe slowly but normally (whatever that means) it's not so bad. Of course, every now and then "me and mask would get into a bit of an argument" that meant it was time to alight from the public transport and take a breather, i.e. walk some...
Great photographs Catherine.
Anonymous said…
I always think of your outings or walk-abouts as a little adventure! thanks for taking us along and capturing it in pictures and describing it. it brings a smile to me. and here's a hug to you too! XO
Ramana: thanks...quick snaps of things that pertain to my life in NZ - hoping to give you a sense of what is, here. Like the trains that are relatively modern and electric - so other than a few squealing wheels on the tracks - glide in and out of stations.

tammy: some days on the local 'hood routes they don't feel like an adventure. But I do look out for changes to anything I've photographed before. Often something just as interesting nearby. So like bulbs - you see a little "head" coming up and then bingo a few days later you've greeted by a whole load of blooms. Over the winter time those beds of daisies are just lovely pieces of something green...and then there are!
If I lived in the city where these lot mostly were - actually Khyber Pass had a lot of beds, I would be snipping some for a vase. I was tempted but I new they wouldn't have lasted the whole trip...

thanks for the hug!
CheerfulMonk said…
Yes, thank you for using pictures to share your adventures with us. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ❤️
Rose said…
It is nice to go a bit farther afield than the norm. You saw some pretty flowers!
I love it seems shooting "Nature" ... today, it was something a bit sad, but the picture isn't terribly good, I need to be across the road - which I will do this coming week as I also need to post a letter and there is a box nearby in the other street...

Popular Posts