snippets of collage...

they started like this - card weight paper, added whatever fitted, some didn't even match...but there was to be "cutting" 

this a different kind of layered paper on soft craft paper - these an experiment and later they will evolve into something different

then I cut those "cards" above into 4 pieces, not always the same size

layering them into what might be a printable in the future (this one not so well placed)

ready to try making in digital paper print


However, I may put them the snippet squares onto a different back ground
These are not glued so can be moved around...

***
other:
I had a rather bad accident when trying to pour more white glue from my larger bottle into my squeezy bottle. It was after making the squares here...
So I had to find a way to use up the excess that was corralled in another container...
That is still drying, not sure if any of it will work but it's not related to these snippets

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
You scared me when you said you had a bad accident --- for us that means something health related. I'm relieved that's not what you meant!

I love all your colors.
oh sorry, maybe I should have said "bad INCIDENT" or similar...

for me it's always bad, when something causes me more anguish than I want....
Ann said…
Interesting to see the process. I've had the glue accident before. What a mess I had. I have a glue sponge. You put a sponge in a container cover it in glue and the sponge absorbs the glue. Then you can just run your paper over the sponge to add a nice layer of glue to it. You just need to make sure you have an airtight container.
Anonymous said…
:D I thought the same as monk! but then any accident around cutting and gluing
I can see as bad too.
my own shaky hand has made me careful in using any liquid! my microwave is up high. and taking out a cup of boiling water reminds me to slow down my normal time. or maybe for me anyway... just being more aware. but if we shake we shake!
as to these collage of papers you'll be working with... oh MY! there are some that even sparked my own imagination. I saw Tuscany in some... and the Italian sun!
perfect "pockets" for someone's own photo or lines written to remember it all.
really loving your series here. xo

yes I saw that idea yesterday about the sponge/glue...however what I was doing yesterday was decanting down to a smaller squeezy bottle with a tip that I find that I can manage with my useless and ineffective hands (read: muscle problem that can't be fxed with exercise...]
thanks for your kind thoughts...just a small accident for someone else, not for me...so will have to put more effort into resolving that process/transfer next time!

some of those papers are from that book with the "cabbage leaves in" - a vegetable/fruit artist creations as if painted but with "v/f" :-)

today is to be trip to prescription nurse; hope I have no problems with that...last time, which was my first time; she was fabulous

Popular Posts