start up of new book...

this wasn't actually the plan, I had already semi-started an altered book, but the actual cover of the book wasn't working well...

so I gutted it!

fixed a bit more card into the spine

and thought well maybe it could just join some other gutted book covers waiting!

But when I was sorting out some papers for the other altered book, I thought well "black n white" will be just fine for this...

I remembered I had this stretchy cloth (I think you made aerobic tights from it) and here it is...hard to attach, a couple of places need a bit more glue. Oh, it had to have a under skirt, a muslin.

So it's basically "ready to receive" the signatures, although none of the signatures are done!

RATHER: the surrounding floor/etc is covered in the pseudo vintage papers...which is for another book!

Yesterday I sourced a combination tool, Trimmer/Score board, so I've been using that...so much easier than some of my other tools; although I did have to use the big cutter for something today...

Comments

Ann said…
I like the geometric design. It looks like the letter F which stands for fantastic :)
thanks,...the letter does seem to resonate with "fantastic" - I thought it might be a play on "fitness" as I think as I said this material is supposed to make "tights for gym classes"
CheerfulMonk said…
I'm glad your new combination tool is working out. and I too love the F's. :)
yes the new combi tool is magnificent - but I haven't used it today - rather my new way to put glue down via a small squeezy bottle that I can refill and I can actually squeeze it easily - another one of those "muscles issues I have with my thumbs"

the books is waiting...I did use some of those stinky alcohol inks today - and didn't get a headache because I set up the work station differently

and then I covered some boxes with brown craft paper to make them looks less like a product box - and some already have fabric re-sorted in them...
Anonymous said…
I'm overwhelmed that this and your last post from your other blog is now coming to my INBOX as it should!!! it's as if Google secretly reads my comments and saw how I was complaining that they go where they shouldn't! it's weird. but I'm glad they changed it!
and the black and white is very striking. a strong design. suitable for male or female!
LOL on google and the emails... maybe you had a certain number in your other folder, a kind of initiation!

I may not be able to start on fixing it's insides as the "pink" one is really on the front burner - although it hasn't the correct page colours!

I've so many book styles to sort out...
your reply is in general comments, hit the wrong button...

Popular Posts