Lots have been achieved

 A week back, I thought I should sign/date the Miniature Crumb Quilts that I've been creating - and found I had a total of 27 ready to fit into that arena. I then was asked if I could create "series" and I used a criteria of Edge stitch, style or colour. I ended up with some orphans and I'm not sure if I will expand them or not...







The background is my living room carpet but it doesn't seem to detract from the photos. And since I laid these upon the carpet I've made a few more - some to do with these, whilst others more trying to do something a bit different. Yesterday whilst I was moving some boxes around, found the original one I made, but I think it needs some more attention.

When you have "lockdown" which means you should stay home, it was a good way to schedule more art into my life. It was an idea that I could use my sewing machine as a semi-drawing tool that led me to these Miniature Crumb Quilts - some of the top layers are from previous small collages but most of them have been made for these.

Crumb = scraps as per the quilters world, thank Rose for the idea. 

Miniature = is from a friend who just suggested the word, to do with something else

Quilt = well of course they aren't but they could be! 


Comments

MadSnapper said…
they are lovely and I think could be marketed for quilts for doll houses or Barbie dolls or what ever girls play with these days. you are gifted and also blessed to have this to do while locked down..
Ann said…
Very nice. You made good use of your time in lock down
Sandra
They are made of paper, soft card, other - a few have a bit of fabric ... and of course they all have sewing thread visible.

Ann
It was do or disappear - and of course lockdown isn't done with yet! Got a bit lost understanding what the new "government plan" ... a plan that seems to for nationwide but there is still the plan we have in our region - it does not compute in my brain at all!

Yes I loved making the quilts ... messing around with all kinds of materials but as I've said to Sandra, mostly paper.

Popular Posts