first sample machine stitched

I hadn't planned on the extra orange paper, had put it under the cream 200gm watercolor paper to define it against the white bench. But it looks like it's meant to be there. If I used it...the overall size would be around 35 x27cm. 
Thread for fancy stitching is variegated. Some straight stitch within the single miniature crumb quilt. Then fancy within the watercolor paper. 
I wasn't  concentrating on where the foot was at top edge, the beginning, then I got my act together...

One thing I forgot with sewing machine v paper is that gap to fold paper in. I don't want paper to tear...which might happen with larger quilt pieces like those sowed on last post.

Window in the Desert, sampling finish 

Comments

Ann said…
This is really pretty. That Orange paper for the back does look like it was meant to be there.
MadSnapper said…
it was meant to be there and it is beautiful
Thanks Ann and Sandra - I will keep that in mind, as I have a lot of other "orange" type "quilts. And for any other mini quilts I decide to use...
Anonymous said…
it's beautiful Catherine. and the window looks upon a cooling oasis! it's really lovely. I think you're a Master of Color!
Rose said…
I so love this! I have a thing for orange. You should see all the orange fabrics I have. You would be amazed...as well as thinking I must be a little bit crazy.
Tammy and Rose, thanks - I'm hoping to start in on a bigger one today, but I've had a bit of morning, nothing to do with health. And I too love orange but I rarely wear it, says her looking down and seeing I have my kind of red/orange top on today.
Rose said…
I just now thought to look at this on the computer...meant to do that yesterday. I LOVE the stitch you used.

Popular Posts