been gone awhile

I've not been doing much of anything. Lots of reasons both personal and other.

Right now "other" relates to current situation in New Zealand. And I realized it's impacting on art, life and me. This is the 6th time that my region has been in lockdown. The 2nd most severe one. 

Adding to this one has been the lousy weather and then the terrorist attack at one of my local supermarkets in the Mall. 

But personally it's been another issue that has to do with a "people shortage". I'm a person who thrives on random interactions, by which I  roam around my big city, on public transport...a window shopping sort of day, maybe visiting galleries and art stores. But also chatting to random people who might sit next to me on a train or bus. 

Where I live, there are 6 houses around me, but none of them are their front doors towards mine...3 of them have their back less than a metre to our fence. The dude who lives in the other flat is an essential worker...I occasionally see him in the weekend. We have nothing in common. 

I'm  on occasional "wave and hello" but that's not enough. I would love to stand 2 meters away from them daily and say a bit more.

Even if I take a walk...I hardly see anyone.

Anyway here are some photos... just playing around, nothing set in concrete. Although Rose over at my other blog did say they were like "crumb quilts" and Wayne, elsewhere said "minatures" 

They are not big in fact, none are even A4. The sheet of crumbs is A3, which I painted some time ago to be "something "

the ones in frames are via an app...


Comments

Ann said…
Your art work is wonderful and those do remind me of a quilt with that layout.
My area is doing pretty well, there aren't any people I know of who are sick and there is no lockdown. I"m a bit of an introvert though so being alone with no one to talk to doesn't bother me so much. Of course too much of that can get to me.
MadSnapper said…
i am with you, it is the people talk i miss the most. we are not lockdown but are wearing mask and i have not had strangers conversations in almost 2 years. glad you have your art to keep you busy. the reason i blog is because it gives me something to do and i get to kinda sorta talk with strangers
Ann, thanks - now I'm really considering more "quilts" and so that has me ratting around in my made up stronger collage layouts I have on hand. I might actually glue or stitch some to a backing so I can see if that's the effect I'm looking for.
I too live alone and I do like my solitude but it's "missing the small things" like even my regular greeting when I get on a bus, I always say to the driver "hello" which using brings a response of similar... - pondering that realise I say "hello" to all manner of people on my outings.

MadSnapper - thanks. I can definitely relate to having a blog or two. And the interaction that heralds from the commentators. Who are from all walks of life. I think it's both the act of typing the words, and the photographs if you want of whatever you've doing.
But as I've replied to Ann it's the "missing the small things" ...
Rose said…
I am so glad these were posted here...wish I had thought to look sooner. Love being able to expand the view. I just love these...seeing what you do helps keep me inspired and I thank you for sharing.
Thanks Rose

Machine stitched a sample
Liked how it went
So will get on with some more
And then post results

My phone has altered the layout, have no idea why

Popular Posts