Ancient Day ... with more auditioning of new pieces

 

Ancient Day - layers of paper with stitching and a bead branch - machine stitched, and then I didn't like the effect so dashed off to the coffee dye space - love the effect now. A5 




The rest of these are from the "auditioning" space - some have been chopped up as you will see - each  need to be stitched or adhered. - the white paper isn't part of any of them, just there to be the background for the photo shots. 

Most of them are just a bit bigger than A4 

It was one of those days here, dismal with intermittent heavy rain - so a good day to be messing with my coloured papers. I've worked out which threads to use in my machine and hoping to get started tomorrow, with the initial stitching...


Comments

Ann said…
All are quite nice. Working with colorful papers on a rainy day sounds perfect.
MadSnapper said…
it is a great thing to have a hobby you can work on when it is raining. they look beautiful, and oh so colorful, enjoy your stitching time
CheerfulMonk said…
A great way to counter the gloom! :)
CheerfulMonk said…
Oh, you're on Blogger... I can use emojis. 😊 ❤️
Ann, thanks - started stitching one of them up today, then things got in the way - including large package from the art store which I then needed to create a new space to story large pieces of paper.

Sandra, thanks - yes I enjoy pottering around with my art, making a mess and not having to worry to much about visitors moaning "no where to sit" etc

Jean, thanks - LOL on emojis. And I have today started stitching them down.
Anonymous said…
wish you could send some of that rain this way. we're dry as a bone here!
I like all of these. they each have their own 'flavor!'
tammy I would if I could, rain wise but our silly mayor still keeps saying we are in a drought and we the population is using far too much! What's in a drought is him and his silly councillors who need to get building either more dams or tanks!
Am now stitching them together - and that in the main going okay...

Popular Posts