Ancient Trees - Handmade Book

 Basically everything is completed - although some ephemera needs to take a  stitch through the sewing machine - and a closure is needed, it's a bit of a chunky monkey.

None of the photos have been cropped - but I have used my actual camera (Lumix) - so appears to less of my shakiness (hand disabilities) - not all the pages are in the shoot, they are plain - anywhere that looks odd is because it's a pocket with things in it - glass plate to flatten them all, so reflections and light - but I think you will understand

comment over at wordpress if you want - totally over their antics, especially since loading anything from my computer files to a site is always difficult! And all I managed to get loaded was the cover. 

I use most of my own prints, painted, gelli prints for my books - papers can include paper bags, different sizes and types, I rarely use a commercial kit (none in this one) but I do use pages of books, which I often alter. The cover is fabric wrapped in a soft card, so it's flexible. 























Comments

MadSnapper said…
now the name of your blog makes perfect sense. My favorite page is the one with music on it. creating books is using your creativity to enjoy your time and create a keepsake. I am seeking new things to do because this year of pandemic lockdown is making me crazy. i am about to blow a gasket
Ann said…
What a fabulous book this is. It's a true work of art
Sandra, thanks - I work with "mixed media" and although that could be still an artist or an artisan - I decided that "maker" suited me better. I could then create whatever rocked my boat. And it fits in with my supplies, tools and stuff.

One of the things I did during our lockdown periods was create with a "paint kit" I had on hand and although it didn't come with the substrate, I discovered I had a whole lot of little canvas around 3 x 4"...it filled in a lot of time. I had help at times from my alumni page to do with art school and inspired someone else there to do something with a similar kit.

There is still many pages within this to make it into a journal for oneself. Interesting though I can't seem to use any of mine like that - Earlier in my life, I keep a diary but then as I looked back in them, they usually didn't make any sense!

Ann: thanks as you can see, some of my mojo is back - just have to keep "finishing" the ones on the back burner. The Ancestors need finishing as well, but this one is on the workbench... Nothing happening much today got to go for mammogram (which has been postponed 3x this year)!
Jill Goldberg said…
This really is a work of art, I absolutely love it.

Popular Posts