Some of the Ancestors

Some of the ancestors 

The other day when I mentioned I was finally able to create again, I got out my WIP books - that were either a created cover, or just a pile of paper.

As I thought about the semi-pseudo coffee dyed vintage affair - I decided I would use the Tim Holtz paper dolls - and THEN IT STRUCK me I had enough of the ancestors in my person collection. And they weren't doing anything nor is that someone in my family to pass them onto.

Here is a collection of the "paper dolls and my collection" 

Once I started cutting them apart they no longer really were my family, although the pictures of me, are still something I can see...but it just makes me happy they will go on to be in something better. If at some point I sell them, it won't matter two hoots anyway.

So here are some those ancestors residing on vintage-looking cards - which might become pockets or be journal cards or similar...

***

They are not truly finished as words need to be added but that can't happen until they are parading together through a book. They will each be part of the adventure, be it of truth or imaginary. 

There is still a few more ancestors who haven't got a backing and of course there is enough already from the photograph above - to be in other books. 

***

I've not tackled any of the colour photographs or  many other similar objects from my past - they await me...

Nor have I got into the memory suitcases I have, that have for example a skirt from Panama City that was bought in the mid 1950s when Mother and I were travelling through the canal to the UK - the handwoven scarf that my brother made when he was in high school, circa mid 1940s - the wool kilt I bought in Scotland, 1970 - or other objects. 

***

 


 

Comments

Anonymous said…
wonderful!
both the art as well as your attitude about life.
something beautiful really. to be shared. xo
Ann said…
What a fantastic idea. You can stroll down memory lane while creating something new.
tammy, thanks - some days my personal attitude is off some place else...but in the main for now, it's as good as I can get it.

Ann, it just made more sense to get the "memory objects" on a new journey. When I think about the treasures I have gotten from opportunity stores both old and new of "some one else who didn't want them" - I may as well use what is already inhouse :-)

Popular Posts