Finally back "making"

 It was nearly 3 months before I could even consider "making anything" - I did a few bits of making during that time, but never truly got anything finally finished. One of the biggest issues I had was standing still for any length of time, and mainly what I do - is stand. So instead, I converted my dining table to be my work table. All these photos, I took standing up but the objects are on the table with chairs to sit on!

Still haven't but there is progress with the WIP and UFO's 

This was yesterday, I had taken out this little book that only had the cover, apologies cover shoot not here. It didn't have a signature and so I created one - and then stitched it in. I'm gathering the ephemera to add, still much to be created.  

This is this morning, new book - with the cover made, along with signatures. Since sewn in signatures ...

And this is the embellished book cover, waiting for title words. It's very much coffee dyed papers and vintage feeling - but what will it turn out to be? 
***

And then there was the envelop that came with something in it from a bookmaker. It's going to make a great book, methinks
Not started but seems to be next in the queue!

***
Lots of other semi-started ideas for books in various boxes...
But also I need to paint and/or coffee dye more paper...

Art life may have returned
Still baby steps 

***





Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
Hurray for baby steps. And for not pushing to finish things, instead enjoying the process as much as possible so it enriches your life.
Anonymous said…
beautiful!
and ditto Monk's comment! xoxo
Anne L said…
How wonderful to be feeling like creating again, Catherine. I understand, as I am back into the groove too. It feels like I have been returned to normality, and sanity. Baby steps, but heading in the right direction.
CM, yes toddler steps - which still involves lots of horizontals ... I came up with an idea of what will be inside the book cover as shown. Now collecting those objects.

tammy, ditto above to CM

Anne, yes I'm fairly happy with what is evolving - interesting that I decided to remove sewing machine from circular table, find an old cloth that has paint splatters etc on (I have a variety of said old bed sheets) and now the table is adorned with ephemera to be used or not used.

All, I've decided to use some of my own photos from my deep past as truly there isn't anyone now to hand said photos down to - and only I will know who the "people" including adults and babies are in finished art works...
Ann said…
It's quite lovely. It sure feels good to get in there and create something doesn't it?
Ann, it sure does feel good - and today I'm busy both some generic paper dolls and a selection of photographs from my past. layering on cards that will end up in some of these potential vintage looking books...

Popular Posts