the "inks" are winning...

this last w/end was to be about getting on and doing - like in splashing paint and inks around - and having some fun. Some of it has got me really in to doing more. That is why this morning I had to "see" exactly" what inks are left... 

the bottom photo is me "checking what colours are left" finding many brown tones. Already knowing there was no "yellow, greens, blues". Can't buy that brand anymore, so next lot will be experiments again. I actually quite liked that the colour labels had disappeared...

anyway that "taped" ink galore is titled "Rock Specimens" 

"Furious Flight" 

alcohol inks in temporary frame

collage various mediums 

acrylic fluid paint on Yupo






All these, are from me splashing paint and layers around

"Rock Specimens"

"Boiling Mud"

two different types of inks on Yupo
reminds me of the thermal areas I visited last September in Rotorua, New Zealand

***
Yes, I think the "inks" are winning for now! 

Comments

Ann said…
You've been having a lot of fun with these. So many unique and lovely designs. I love the way that last one, boiling mud, looks.
yes, me too on "boiling mud" and now looking of course to do more...the rock specimens have inspired me as well, from another time of making "specimens" but with tiny sticks...
Rose said…
They are all so pretty...they would look good as fabrics for quilting! Or I can see shirts/tops in fabrics like these.
Anonymous said…
we are having fun right along with you!
I think the magic in being a creative person is always that element of surprise. it's delighting for the one who does it and also the one who sees it done! that's why I have always liked abstract. so many people get caught up in "just not understanding it!" or
"but it doesn't LOOK like a..." whatever!
why on earth worry about things like that? it's enough to just ENJOY and let our imaginations have FUN!
thanks Catherine. :D XO
Rose: that has merit - time will tell

tammy j: thanks :-) Abstract is my style, and if something "invites one to see an object" I may be on to a winner or I might not be. I think I prefer the "invisible"

Popular Posts