oops forgot about ART all again...

Have I got an excuse?

Well, yes kind of...busy trying to have myself/personally return to some sort of normalcy!

But then again not, because you see when I was so locked in, I reflected a lot on where I was going...and as part of it, I played completely with the Golden Paint Kit. It's done now.

Here are some of the results...
Some it went completely wrong...including those things that look like something the "cat dragged in" but in a way, that didn't worry me, because I learnt a fear few things. By the time I got to that piece top of column 3 - I felt I had mastered how to draw a pear! However, that drawing was before the crackle paste did it's thing and I had painted like in coloured in the outline I had laid down.

Then yesterday a friend dropped by - yep, we are finally bubble-less in NZ, although we are not number-less, we can only have 10 people drop in.
Well she said, have you thought about turning them another way...I was so set on have a "pear shape" appear, I hadn't thought that I could actually have:

Sandy Isthmus

***

Besides finishing the kit, it was about that time, when I felt I needed to analyse a whole heap of other things, including those feelings that had raced through my mind during our lockdown. One of which had to do where I live, and the sheer fact that although here in New Zealand our islands are surrounded by beaches and water, there is NOTHING like that in my suburb! And therefore, out of reach of me taking a walk along a beach...

Technically I still can't, you are supposed to stay in your 'hood and keep safe, as we are not fully back to Level 0. But if I had a car, I probably could...So that led me to think about "do I want to find another private rental, where, and all the guff that goes with it..."

I finally said to myself "well technically you can't...for now, anyway" - sadly realising that made me start reflecting ON WHAT CAN I DO...
To that end, I'm having a bit of a makeover...

I'm ditching a lot of personal/living life because frankly "making do" and wearing clothes that possibly could be further mended, but they've been through that number of times, and much is quite old. And then there are the hand-me-downs ... some of the items just don't fit the purpose.

So I went SHOPPING online...because of delivery issues, it might be a while before anything arrives. It took more than 2 weeks for a package labelled "overnight delivery" to arrive, it wasn't perishable but it was a food stuff, I was looking forward to having in my pantry. 

That's not what I bought for "living makeover" that a different kind of arena...
But because I also wanted to refix some other parts of that house space, I had move a lot of furniture around and in the process, art supplies had to be shifted...

And so: 

Leaving that behind - it's all about ART now
Yep, I thought...
We need to have a sort up!

Yes I know you probably did that in the first weeks of your Lock-Down but actually I was basically struggling to stay afloat when suddenly my new status of "underlying health issues" said I couldn't go food shopping or anything else I normally did to keep me feed etc. I was pretty much in overwhelm mode

I dabbled with some art - I created a lot of chaos 
When I started with the Kit, I found enough of everything else required to get it underway
But as I worked with it, I thought about ...

SIFTING AND SORTING properly
And that's what I'm doing now...

And fortunately seem to making progress!!!
Hoping to have things, looking tidier 
Easier to Find
Real SOON

I'll leave you with some Autumn type nature, that has been seen on my walks around the 'hood








Comments

Rose said…
Oh, I love your autumn shots. I should have been working on changing things around but have not. Other than a bit of my sewing. But need to really work on getting rid of stuff that we don't use. This house is just so small for all we have.
Rose, I too live in a small home ... but somehow one room, a very small space, that even IF a single bed WAS in it, too small to even dance - has become "that space" where anything "I'm not using right now lives. And in the last week, it's got much more in it. Some of things will go back into their respective spaces when I've sorted out other spaces.

But I'm not a minimalist ARTIST!
Ann said…
I'm one of the few people who hasn't gone through the extreme cleaning phase during the lockdown. But then I' haven't been stuck at home the entire time either since I've still been working. I would really love to go through everything though and start cleaning things out.
Anonymous said…
yesterday was cool and rainy here. even had thunder and lightning.
then by afternoon it was HOT! so you know I LOVE the autumn pictures. it's always been my favorite season.
I'm all packed (except for the kitchen) and just waiting to move. I hope this will be my final move. and no more stairs. we shall see! but I'm excited.
and I like your friend's suggestion... and the one turned sideways looks now like an island! very pretty. and...
I've never in my life known a minimalist artist!!! it just doesn't compute!
LOLOL! stay well! we love you!
Ann: I would imagine most of the "essential workforce" has just gone to work, some on a regular schedule, others do extra shifts because essential retail business has suddenly gone berserk. Berserk (angry and also more people) because many other "now seemingly non essential places" have had to close. Here many of the smaller food stores had no option but to close!
So when you come home, it's a sanctuary where you unwind...not thinking about deep cleaning at all...

tammy: arisen to rain! How much n/a but the concrete is all wet. And it's of course that dull look that you get with such weather in winter.
Oh that's fabulous, new move is on the horizon...looking forward to hearing about it...
TICK on MINIMALIST ARTIST supplies - although it could move to minimalist final art work! I believe "sandy isthmus" could be classed in that avenue...

Popular Posts