More progress with the little Golden Kit

I finally did master a pear shape or two...and I've continued working through the book, a couple of the ideas didn't translate well here, and I've missed out one, but will come back to it as I need to decide what substrate to use.

I restratched into the paint, before it totally dried, so vague outline of PEAR

nothing truly went right here, so I just layered paint on and now it's happier. It was supposed to be a landscape!

Seascape and it worked well (there are two, rather similar)

excess paint got onto more soft card (200grm) x A4 and I love the effect of the layering

Yep, managed a PEAR but this actually not right. I've since found out I did the "ground" wrong, so another one is underway. But even with the wrongness, it's still okay if you don't look into it too deeply!

Today's PEAR - yep there is a pear in there, a art friend has said "it's a juicy one" 
It's a way to make a watercolour with acrylic paints and a special "ground base" (still wet)

***
About 4 more projects to attempt

It's been interesting but I've also been "paper busting" so here's some more things to look at...paper with machine stitching..

People

Journey

A couple, well actually many more of these in the pipeline...

Have a great day wherever thee do roam

Catherine in NZ, where Level 2 is nearly upon us but for me, that doesn't mean much of a change 


Comments

Rose said…
I so love seeing what you do....I will probably be back here looking again.
Rose: thanks, I'm enjoying now with absolutely not a deadline, and a lot of home/caring life sorted out. I don't seem to be so overwhelmed with the personal side of living, which means I'm kind of at peace with myself...and the status of even freedom of choice and living at this time...
CheerfulMonk said…
Wow! You're doing a lot and the lack of a deadline is liberating. :)
CM: a lot on very little sized canvases - even the stitched papers start out small and then when I have a pile, put them together.

It's interesting that somewhere in the last 10 days or so, my mindset has almost completely changed. I don't even want to be out there in the wide world much. I'm loving pottering around with art, food, and occasional gentle walkabouts.

Ann said…
You've been busy. I love the creativity in all of these.
Ann: thanks...it's just suddenly got all magical here, which is how it should be...
Anonymous said…
I love the water color pear! there's something very Georgia O'Keeffe about it.
you just have a WAY with color that's beautiful.
and I love what you said... " my mindset has almost completely changed. I don't even want to be out there in the wide world much."
that's exactly how I feel. and there's a wonderful liberation in it!
it's definitely a good place to mentally be in. I can relax and be totally happy. xo
tammy:

I took off yesterday afternoon, hardly a soul around, the houses that had been open to view inside, now closed up with curtains - work I assume. Suddenly, a woman caught up with me, on the very wide walkway that I've been using. She was off to get a hot cross bun at the local strip stops that sometime I visit with - so instead of turning down another street we continued along. I thought she was home alone, then discovered husband there...

When we got to that bakery place, I decided that the craving treat I wanted was actually from the Mom/Pop cafe and maybe I would make it before they close (lots of retailers open shorter hours) So I got the treat, and yep it was very nice...

But at the bus station - the 2 metre rule gone out the door! I was talking to a man and we each sat on the end of the long bench...when along comes a dope who plonked herself in the bit in the middle!

I've analysed that trip and no I don't need either that treat, nor the dopes!

I'm going to stick to the back streets...and avoid as much as possible having to deal with the 2 metre rule, and for that matter spending money...I know Walking Is Much Better For Me Anyway :-)

the things I also wanted...will just have to wait. Hair is just plain funky looking, so be it...

Still working with the booklet, will show ya all later the objects that are drying...

Popular Posts