And then one idea led to another - WIP

So there I was a few weeks ago playing around with the kit...and then later I thought "well, this all very well, but..." And it has remained slightly on the back burner. At the same time I got into more sorting up - I had thought "just paper" but it evolved. There is a LOT of paper for sure...

I needed some respite from life this last week, and I thought - well here is all this "paper" maybe some of it will stick together - out with my glue!

Some of it looks rather interesting and then whilst I was looking at the dried sheets, one of which had a leaf print on it in "silver" and I got thinking about trying out some more leaves...

A Pile of Paper - WIP
 Yes, I do think I know what become of them
But that's not right now!







***
I think I've got out of my funk about "leaving the house and wandering about..." I'm planning to set some tiny goals, so that I don't feel trapped or overwhelmed if it doesn't work out. I know I can cope with local Mall if I had to (I got my hair cut) but I want to go further.

Even though there are huge restrictions on bus passengers capacity i.e. on say a 34 seat bus, only about 13/14 allowed and all must seated at correct distancing. So that will mean me making sure that any route I take, I allow for "oops sorry lady, no room on this bus...wait for next" 

Many restrictions are lifted here!

Except it seems for anyone who doesn't have a vehicle...

Also considering a trip out of town
But that is even more planning
As long distance buses not in service, yet!
Flights are a tad restricted as well

YEP
You've gotta own a vehicle :-(

And my Broom Stick has to have a Warrant of Fitness!
And my witches cape has disappeared

Where is superman when you need a ride...

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL!
as long as the witch keeps her sense of humour all will be well!
are those pieces you've just worked on? or are they before the pandemic?
I wonder if our lives will now fall into those two time categories!
Ann Thompson said…
Well this looks like a lot of playing with all that paper
tammy: most of the papers were worked on during our Lockdown, although some of them were just printed papers before I added the next layer/s.

I was planning a short trip today, but I don't think my broom will stand the gusty wind...I would hate for it to whisk me out to the harbour and then conveniently break and I take an early winter's swim.

Ann T: love playing with paper and realising how much I've got...well let's say, we don't need to truly shop for more!

FOLKS Google has kindly told me - "Happy Winter 2020" and then when I linked through it suggested that officially winter kicks in June 21st...
Rose said…
I wish my playing with fabric was this successful! Love those leaves....
Rose: we all have different strengths and we use them in the ways that suit ourselves. As you may have read over at random thoughts, I wish my hands wouldn't go all "wonky on me at times" :-)
Anonymous said…
re-visiting. as I often do.
I really like these papers. they're quite beautiful!
I don't know how complicated it all is... probably too much so...
but the thought struck me that you would be a fabulous fabric artist.
I mean like transferred to fabrics for designers to use!
some of your work sometimes makes me think of Lily Pulitzer and her dresses.
or the marvelous mid-century draperies!
heavy thoughts for this early morning in June. :D xoxo
tammy:

simple to do these things, when it's all set up and going but what isn't simple is DRYING time. Especially if I'm using a pretty wet medium...

Popular Posts