A few boxes of "art supplies"....

How on earth did this happen...well of course, I know how this happened and it didn't start 2 years ago it started about a decade ago, when I got into "making arty" things.

I remember buying a huge box of oddments that one might use in scrapbooking from a seller on our local online (TradeMe) that once was a newsprint arrangement and then it got online. I'd been a seller myself for years but suddenly I wanted someone else's leftovers and not used stuff.

Then as I progressed with my arty ways  things escalated in what I needed, enter Art Stores...and then later but now not on radar, Art School. Which had me adding paints and those kinds of supplies.

So you need to have it seems a zillion types of paper and other paraphernalia!

oops let's see what is in some boxes...

before we go buy anything else...

from an art store or an op shop or the local stationery store

a bit of a jumble but I know what is basically here...

putting them into sizes, not necessarily themes

I know what is in all these boxes, but I've corralled them for now...
2 of boxes have either stickers, or stencils in them
1 has more sturdy card stock

err the table, not quite there yet. 
Front pieces are stitched waiting for next stage.


A box for "art works" that are waiting for first stitching.
Then I will make more decisions on what other layers etc.
Nice to have a spare dedicated box!
***

There are of course other boxes and vessels with many other papers and stuff....but they have been tidied earlier in this lockdown time period. And there is a shelf of books that are for tearing up. A couple of baskets that need a resort.

But really I'm pleased I decided to create this havoc, yesterday and I realise that although not all the paper is actual art type, it's quite nice and will be better, if I STARTED USING IT ALL

***
Golden paint Kit isn't complete but rather than doing it daily
Will do it piecemeal as I continue to layer up new smaller pieces.

***
New Zealand is considering moving down to a different level with less restrictions
Especially for businesses.

I too get to have less restrictions but
Somehow, I'm more than happy to basically

Stay Home

I've even stopped worrying about the status of my hair style...

Or even whether I truly need to get a cafe cake and coffee, I had that chance yesterday but I didn't bother!

I've got quite good at creating edible food, chosen by others
My helper got me a 5kg bag of flour
My cake making has improved as well. 

I mixed and kneaded in my breadmaker, I hadn't put in the right ingredients so it looked a lot different to the finished loaf that I baked in the oven....but it tasted okay! Edible as well!!!

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
I’m so happy for you. I, too, am happy staying at home. I go grocery shopping with Andy every four days plus trips up down to the laundry room in the building next door once a week, and that’s about it. I could go for walks or up to the land for a picnic supper with Andy but I have plenty to do as it is. Take care and continue having fun!
definitely going to "take care" on board, along of course "having fun"...

I was bit worried about neighbour today, as he usually does his work clothes and hangs them on his porch; but there wasn't much of a peep from him.

A workman came about 9am, who was to install his SKY dish but then after 15mins he went...still no action from U2. Then rather late in the day the workman arrives again and there is much action: ladder and drilling souunds.

Then I finally see the U2 guy and apparently the reason no clothes on the line had to do with the workman, who was supposed to return pronto to do the job, now it's too late to put the washing out...
Ann said…
They are going to slowly open things back up here now too and although it will be nice to be able to go to these places should I want to it's been nice not going and not spending all the extra money.
Anonymous said…
glad to know your neighbor is ok. if but a little off his clean laundry schedule!
I feel like you do. I've always loved staying home ever since I retired. but now it means even more. there's a pleasant blend of routine to it and I'm very content. I think our whole country has discovered a new eating at home from our own pantry! we'll see. and like Ann says above... I'm saving money!
Ann: I don't truly know when the country will reopen - there seems to be lots of adversity about when. One of this issues that caused lots to get in their cars, was the reopening of curbside, drivethru' takeaways. Then some businesses also were allowed to open, for shorter hours, but again "table across a doorway" possibly one per time access.

Then where you can travel/roam...at Level 3, apparently you could go further in your car, but not on public transport.

Actually I found it depressing that as I carless couldn't do/get most of these things...not that I wanted them but the feeling that I was somehow classless.

The big art shop chain, has posted that I they can't take any more online orders as they are swamped!

tammy: According to some friends, the supermarket lines got quicker. Possibly means people are back to eating out if on limited basis so they are not hoarding so much. I wonder how many of those people will have so much stuff in their pantry and later find it's wasted as it's expired...or forget entirely they have 30 rolls of TP and just buy usual list!

I believe I've saved money as well, definitely not popped into above art store to see Richard and ended up buying something...less on the hoof food spending.

Not sure if the food stuff in a box, the mart, or helper are truly any less...but I did have to eat :-)
Rose said…
I am glad that you find joy in being home...I do, too. I have fabric like you have papers!
Rose: ...that's great to know, about your fabric.

Mine is better in that line, as I had a huge de-stash a couple of years ago, if I decided to keep anything in major yardage, I cut about 1/2 yd width and the rest gifted away.

Popular Posts