Challenge/s at this time...

Earlier  this month I joined a "challenge f/b page" relating to Textiles...and each week a challenge was set by an artist in the field.

I started off reasonably okay with a piece that although worked well, it was pretty boring in relationship to what I usually do. These pieces are supposed to be samples, but I've never really got into sampling!

Challenge 2, and as it turned out 3 - came along and I just couldn't get into them...

C/2 was kind of similar to what I do, but with a more complete theme C/3 was stitching your own eye!

I couldn't even get into that...so I just drifted away. Until a lengthy message was posted by the organisers in relationship to someone else, I believe, felt overwhelmed by it all.

I replied about why "I had stopped" and included that "I was frying to much fish in my pan"...I then felt a tiny bit guilty so I thought "well I've got this, and it might be okay to just dash something off to fit Challenge 4 about couching...

NO that's not about sitting on your couch! And doing "...ing"

I came up with semi disaster although as it's only supposed to be sample I suspect I CAN LIVE WITH IT...

The split strapping is from the food boxes...the actual width of the strapping is to the right of the "couched down strips"

Then someone asked me about the food in the boxes, and that led me to adding that photo .... which later I sort of challenged myself to make a minor applique of what the box "view" looked like that the time.

Not sure I will...but it has merits to fit in with Challenge #2


I explained that the box was doing "social distancing" via the delivery people. I"m standing inside my unit and this as you can see top of steps, the shadow is the trellis that divides U1/U2 doorway


Comments

Ann said…
I've participated in challenges before and some are easier than others. I did a mixed media jouranal challenge and some of them took a while to even have a clue what to do with them.
Ann: many of the comments were downright hilarious...and one got completely onto another track. Then one felt I must have used the cloth to "mop" up an accident! Ooops...

I've added to it today, with some more inks...it will be interesting to see where that goes. I post it soon. And it does show a "mopping up paper" :-)
Rose said…
I have never participated in a challenge, but love seeing what others do for them.
I've never been one for such challenges...but it was at the beginning of Lockdown and EVERYONE was excited to do such things. And I joined.

I've regularly checked the responses and occasionally I've commented. But what I began to see, is that people in lockdown, obviously have a SO or family who are letting them sit and do it all - all day. And so a day after a challenge posted, and that is expected to take nearly a week, the results are all there!

Or when they have Q & A "watch-live" some will ask absolutely ridiculous questions like "I don't have that material on hand..." even though at the beginning of the posted challenge, it's use what you have...

Or something else, and me thinking did you watch the initial video with the artist who explained everything...and me wanting to shout, GO WATCH IT properly...

anyway I'm not sure if I will do anymore...but it's nice that we have the downloaded pdf if we wish to do soemthing in the future...

Popular Posts