Much time, too many possibilities

Like many my worldwide network, I now have "MUCH TIME" and in New Zealand, the gov't has now decided that everyone go into LOCKDOWN except for essential services. This after the w/end when I found that personally I was in lockdown due to my health issues.

https://cedar51.wordpress.com/2020/03/22/self-managing-other-life-parts/
this gives you an idea of what that personally has meant for me. Although, I'm working on "what else" now. Most of it seems to be about THE TITLE OF THIS POST.

The second part of the title isn't about "going out and about" but what I can do with the seemingly amount of art supplies I have here. Some of the supplies are sure to run out, but then that is the POSSIBILITY to create some thing else.

I made a little list a week back on what I could do with MUCH TIME but it had no real projects within it. More it was a reminder of what I "could do"

A couple of weeks before that, I suddenly thought "this is silly, what are those shelves for?" and "why are half the supplies on the floor?" So I tidied things up (not completely) and put other things aside that I might do something with.

R: top down = photo of wintertime London when I was living there in early 1970s; the label that comes on the paper bags from online shopping and I found that if you ironed it - changed to interesting media; old post card from a weaving pad

L: mixed media of my making including how to deal with a lot of surplus threads R: photo of mine again from early 1970s Portugal


R: general objects but the top layer a chateau in France, again one of mine. 

This is a real variety - some of the objects are personal photos I have taken...and I'm going to keep layering and sewing. Have no idea what I will do with them TOO MANY POSSIBILITIES

sample with high count old cotton sheet and my old alcohol inks - dripped onto the wet cloth 

and then layering more paper with same inks. The inks have lost their labels but it doesn't seem matter. 

What I'm kind of doing at the moment is "tidying up more" - like in "what's in this box?" and saying "what I will do today is..."
In this particular rather large box was a lot of paper of different sorts - so also what I'm attempting to do is use up the "Inks". Not because I have too but it will mean that later when normal service returns I can buy some new "colouring supplies"

For now, it's try and do a few things every day - even if it's just layering up the papers to be sewn on another day. I might find at some point the new thread has run out...maybe I will be able to order online - maybe not. But then I will have to return to the multitude of threads that one uses without the machine...

Yes Many Possibilities
but also 
Much Time

(***)


Comments

Ann said…
You are using your time wisely. I've been home for 4 days and instead of taking care of household chores that I've neglected I did a lot of watching tv. There was plenty I could do to occupy my time but the mood just wasn't there.
Ann: I don't think any of us are truly "on2it" - I just had a phone call from a pal, who has offered her son to help out if necessary. They live fairly close. But as I said to said pal, I'm not good at asking for help. Having lived independently for so long.

I've been looking at blogs, and trying to be intelligent in replies but we all seem to be in the same boat - trying to fathom out our "lives" and "life"

Now I have vacuumed this morning but that is because the property managers handyman is due here tomorrow to fix the windows in the bedroom and the back door. Hoping I won't get a text saying "no can do..." they are essential for my peace of mind but I've also been waiting since last Aug for one part of the back door....
Rose said…
Oh, I love your art! I am wondering and will be watching to see what you do with some of the items. Love that old sheet and the papers.

Like I told you in my other comment, you inspire me to keep going. I have a project going that I am waiting on a fabric to finish it...I so want it done till I can feel free. It is a gift for someone else and I do feel free to burst out till it is done.
Thanks Rose, yep saw your other message...and I remember reading on your blog about the "secret must not reveal" project.

Popular Posts