WIP: Little Leaf Book - Take 2

the basic collage on pages is more or less complete - as the story is added, no doubt gaps will be filled and so forth. I still haven't sorted out outside covers, nor thought truly about inside said covers. The one that shows last was already in this book, but it might get covered.

L: layered paper with photograph taken by me in 1993
R: cloth background with layer of top abstract paper tree, and bottom left cloth with leaf cut out 

L: photograph of my sisters' backyard trees, paper sticker
R: yesterday I bought a dear little heart punch, shiny card, with stitched fabric and felt strip

L: pseudo tree, from a book where the forest created with vegetables, in this case stalks of celery; plus sticker
R: one of my photographs of leaves at Wintergarden hot house, Auckland
(that was the middle pages, but I glued them together)

L & R: papers with some stickers and stitched felt strip

L: cloth fabric
R: collage with one of my photographic prints of my home grapevine

L: paper 
R: more paper but also sticker at right edge

L & R: collage with paper, but lower R trees I photographed in 1994 in Napier, NZ; plus 2 stitched pieces of felt strips 

L: cloth backing with another one of my tree photographs taken at Keith Hay Park, Waikowhai, Auckland in 1993. 
R: paper layers (the bit peeping through from next page)

(note clear block holding page a bit flatter on L)
L: layered paper with part of page cloth behind peeping through at base
R: cloth 
?whether these 2 pages get more on...


L: layers of paper
R: more layers of paper 

L: triple print of mine with additional tree sticker
R: mostly pieces of my own photographs but also some extra stickers 

L: photograph of mine, of withering grapes taken 2019
R: back inner page which was already like this...undecided on what I will do with it.

AND THAT'S THAT FOR NOW...

When I've constructed the story, I will maybe show you parts of how it works
And produce just the printed version of whole story...



Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
Nice!! I love leaves and trees.
thanks

I was bemused about how many "leaves" I could locate here, even if I had to cut them out of something else...
Anonymous said…
fascinating. and fun to see it being born!
you must already have a 'story' in mind for it.
can't wait to see how you do that on the pages!
I would be afraid I'd mess it up. :D xo
A very vague story, which I shall begin today, not in actual book of course...

Am planning on doing the word streams on the computer and printing off - cutting up - so will probably have to fiddle a bit if the stream is longer than a page available...

If I still had my 3.1 computer I think I could do it easier, but it will be entertaining to use the software program that I downloaded for "office" - what else do they have available in the "word" style
Ann said…
Very nice. I like what you've included on the pages.
Rose said…
Oh, this was fun...but oh, my the celery trees are fabulous! Just never would have thought of that. I like your photograph of the drying grapes, too.
thanks

tried to include a radical selection of leaves, even if some of them weren't actually leaves, but the paper was a shape that could be a leaf...
it was fun

the veg and fruit "landscape book" was very interesting...I got it in a library book sale. And I just remembered they also also used fish to make pictures.

yep, those grapes are this years...I was trying to reattach my grapevine that is laden, and a little branch/twiglet fell off, so I bought it in...it's even more raisiny looking now!

Popular Posts