WIP: Leaf Art Book - 4 x 6 "

At some point during this last week of deliberations on various fronts, the issue of "many finished notebooks etc" came up. And as it seems not many people care to write in said kind of books, besides me and A.M., decided to change it up a bit...

I've not even reached the center page but then again, I've also been painting paper today, some in another soon to be artified book but also sheets of paper.

this is one of my triple prints with a cloth strip across the top

L: fabric flip with cotton fabric, stitched felt sample. Under is other pretty greenish/other things, with space to write on
R: fussy cut paper leaves, with additional words

L: that's one of my photographs taken in 1994 at the Lily ponds in one of the Wintergarden glasshouses, Auckland. With a random magazine strip at top.
R: random magazine cut out at top, with one of my photographs of tree at Long Bay Reserve, Auckland about 2016
Centre: that's a piece of fabric covering a gap!

L: layered papers with other
R: layered papers with sticker; fabric strip with another stitched felted sample

R: more triple layered print
L: collage paper scraps with bird sticker

R: layered papers with a semi fabric leaf 
L: layered papers with more fabric with stitched felt sample

L & R: layered paper with extras including fabric strip on R

ENJOY

Comments

Ann said…
Your book looks fabulous. I've never been much for writing in journals. I've started a couple but never get very far with them.
thanks, the intention is to create a bit of a story that runs through the book, so a few words on each page - that will probably come from typed up strips...but try to relate it to the page in question - novel or imaginary thought-like.

CheerfulMonk said…
I love the leaves!

thanks....

It's now nearly complete, well the page pictures - 4.1/2 pages to be layered upon. But also the covers both front/back/inner. And then more words of a story.

so now it's become "a little green book of trees and leaves"

and I'm love with the idea of revamping the notebooks I made over last year...

It kind of fitted with what someone said late last year, about continuing to make books, and what about something similar to a 'zine ...

when this is done, the next book is about birds...fairly abstract ones...
Anonymous said…
I LOVE THIS! maybe because of the essential tremor in my writing hand …
I don't keep journals anymore … so just able to appreciate the beauty you've made.
"a little green book of trees and leaves" . . .
I think they could be called simply relaxing journals! kudos Catherine!
can't wait to see how you transform the ones you've made in the last year. :D
well, I'm LOVE with them as well

I sat here last evening flipping through this one, and got to a page (you've not seen) and thought "now this needs..." rifling through my little felt samples (they will run out at some point...but that's okay) and found one that will work - so it's laid upon the page to be a/stitched upon b/glued in...

I've not started the story as I think I need all the pages "ready" and there are way more pages that apparently a handmade zine usually has...maybe at some point I will find I have smaller number of paged notebooks or make smaller ones...time will tell!
Rose said…
Oh, my, this is lovely. I love that you showed it all the way through.
I've now posted the rest of the pages that are done...some may change, and of course when I add the story - they will all no doubly change.

Outer and Inner covers still need to be recreated but that won't really happen until the story unfolds.

Loved making them, even with all the pages, I did glue some together.

After I had completed - find still many supplies left over, so probably have to be some other "green" ...

Popular Posts