Six Stitched Hearts

I had stitched the cloth hearts onto a full piece of fabric some time ago, possibly 2 years. I then cut them out of the back ground they were on and found I had some other fabric that would suit. A lite brown wool. I then wanted some more hearts for who knows what...

They've been stitched on the cloth for possibly 6 months, but I had done no more. I actually couldn't decide what to do with them

Yesterday, they surfaced, and today, I thought mustn't just put them away. So I cut comic backing boards to become a backing; painted them with a combination of burnt umber and gold acrylic and stuck them together. Backed the coloured board (paint splatters) with another piece of the backing board and now all they need is a hanger (have to  buy some more)




Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
I love the way you can do bits and pieces and not push to have a completed project until the time is right. Patience is an important part of the process. I love watching it. :)
It's not always intentional to let them gel over "years or months" but somehow they did...and they only surfaced when I was looking for something else in my "storage room".

I was thinking of doing something else with my new machine, but then I realised that actually they were complete :-) just needed a backing!

Ann said…
It's always a good feeling when you find something that was started a long time ago and you can finally use it to complete a project. These look very nice
Yes indeed...if was just something I had bought, thinking I might use "that sometime" then it possibly would have been ditched. But these were my stitched objects, seemed a waste to just bin all that work...

Popular Posts