How Does this Happen?

I'm not all that unhappy but I can't decide what actually happened...the originals are more yellow/browns with very little blues in them. The printer changed stuff!



the ones on the R are the original semi-collage and the size of course is not A4 but rather about 8x8"; the ones on the L were photographed and then printed on A4 paper...

the original collage pieces are on a good paper, but the printed ones are on a recycled not quite white but not grey either copier paper...maybe that was the reason. But it just seems just too much that most of the yellow/green has disappeared...

All I did with the smaller squares was photograph them so I could print on A4, both with camera and with phone!

I had actually set out to have them more "autumnal looking" but I guess this means I have to make a blue-kind of book...and at some point work out exactly what to do for autumn tones!

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
Color matching is hard. The color of our house turned out a lot more reddish than we asked for.

Did you print these out or did someone else? I do like the new colors, so you had better luck than we did. :)
I printed them out...

I think the change occurred when I took a photo but in the end I got confuserlarged...my camera and me haven't had a lot of luck of late - we had a semi-disagreement; and this was the first time I used it after I thought I had fixed it! Maybe I clicked on something...

I printed off another of the original prints onto a different copier paper, actually a very white card base and no problems...but the size I want of course was the size of the original collage.

I'll have another go soon...I might even extend the originals so they are the same size as the copier paper...

life is quite magic some days, around here...but as I said, I'm not truly unhappy with what happened....
Anonymous said…
" life is quite magic some days, around here...but as I said, I'm not truly unhappy with what happened.... "
I LOVE this attitude! it makes for exciting living. and beautiful art. :D XO
Ann said…
Even though they aren't an exact match in the colors they still turned out pretty.
and thanks for the compliment of "magic and life"
Yes they did...this morning I took one of the "blue" ones and gave it spray of coffee dye - it turned into something much more magical, especially where some of the coffee pooled...and then where it semi-splattered from the spray bottle...

Popular Posts