this is a "roll up journal" ...

It didn't start out like this, the background layer for the topper is now the background (cover all the threads) but I wanted to use that red sequin/lace and whilst I was looking in that box found the ruby red wide ribbon that had a gold backing...

Suddenly it was turning into a festive roll-up...and that when I remembered I had some painted ice-cream sticks...

The hearts arrived when the top part had some words on paper, that I didn't much care for BUT someone had used one of her very strong glues, and it wasn't budging...enter shiny red heart. The later the little stick on felted hearts appeared

I wanted something on the plain plaid Christmas type fabric, so into my large containers of beads (a good % a gift from a friend) and I noted some med red beads, but when I opened up that section, there were these 2 little flat red beads with gold xxx on them

When you look at it close up, it's very "wonky" but approx 3 metres away it looks like I meant for the gold ribbon to be on the R...

I'm not showing you the "rollup" part because those 3 sticks at the bottom look weird. I noted on the workshop video, those should be the same width as the roll...

Oh and btw - the video example is nothing like this...other than the fact it "can roll up AND can be hung" but it's my first try out...

Update on Health:
Still not in top form, but it looks like I might be thinking (mind wise) that it's time to do "making"...

I started by buying this special workshop bookmaking bundle, and I'm going to be buying a sewing machine, but until I can master getting to a retailer (read: walk better, feel in control) that is on hold. The tutor had advised me which of the bundles didn't really need a sewing machine...

Comments

Ann said…
This looks amazing. I love it. I didn't realize you were sewing these all by hand. A sewing machine will make the job a lot quicker.
It certainly would be great to have a machine...and it will be a reality at some point. I have a very elderly one but it doesn't seem to be working...and I could get it overhauled but I think a more modern and lighter one would be better...

Popular Posts