Mindless "painting"

decided that I would swap the "stitching" for turning neutral coloured paper into different colours...

either with herb powder (Turmeric); Alcohol Inks; Paints.

Of course, I can't do paints on the fly so "mindless stitching" for when I get back to going out to groups...

Turmeric gives me bright yellow - depending on what other application is on the paper

Alcohol Inks - I don't have many colours and the labels are all blurred, so that's fun. And now I'm just reaching into the box with them and what comes out with my hand, is the colour. I usually have 5/6 on the bench at a session

Paints: a bit more organised as the box is eye level and I'm usually filling in the white/neutral spots from the previous two applications

NO end product in mind
WHY because still battling new health issues and I can't seem to concentrate properly - it will resolve!

2 white paper bags

Rolodex cards

a grainy sort of paper (gift from friend)


paper doillies, mini paper bags, A4 paper and somewhere in there some soft card

I've overlaid some of these colourings with blues/red/and something else today...
***
I've changed the comment box, thanks for the idea Ann which might help some on this page...

Comments

I've reverted back to regular comment box, sorry Anne - as there is an issue with how I use the comment boxes :-)
Ann said…
These are very interesting. Mindless work with no particular plan in mind can give great results.
I only changed my comments because I had several people who said they had trouble and couldn't comment on my blog at all. I actually prefer the other way but I also want people to be able to comment
CheerfulMonk said…
Hurray for mindless activities! Trust the process.
at least Anne has the option of chatting with me either over at my w/press blog or Instagram...

enjoying the mindless making...
comment at f/b "........i misinterpreted the term "mindless mode" as a negative...". this from a kind of colleague from my Creativity world. He had read about my "mindless mode" and then decided I needed some extra help to get back on deck.

I replied that the goal right now was exactly that "mode" not thinking of something way more formed like artified goal...

and he may have put his foot further into the mud, when he inferred that my health issue is "minor" ... but I'm not going to reply. Not many readers of my f/b page have any idea what ails me now, other than it's "not life threatening..." but to those who do know, they know it's not like a bunion/flu/cough and the majority of those in the "real know" understand how this is...

Popular Posts