When the good goes down a bad rabbit hole

Apologies dear reader,

A few weeks ago I needed to get antibiotics for an infection and whilst I was visiting show the doctor some swelling on my lower leg, which wasn't really uncommon (to me) but it was worse than normal...Suddenly, that was all the focus and for the last couple of weeks, I've been having different medical treatment.

Learning at the same time that maybe "things" that other medical people had just not dealt with, needed attention. So although, I'm feeling a bit better, the issues are still not quite resolved.

I did make a few things, but my mind was really on me/bod...

I had returned to the doctor on Wednesday for a checkup and things are looking better in some aspects but more tests are required

The GOOD thing is that I'm still ALIVE and shall continue on that pathway...for many more years.

the Challenge

Yes, I decided on a bit of mindless challenge...a month back I was reorganising my work space at home, and there were always "things" that just didn't fit. I put them in a loosely designated pile and whispered "I'll get you sorted soon..." the pile grew then it threatened to topple so I put it on my inhouse work table to be sorted.

And because I'm not in the mood to concentrate, I decided to rifle through and see if there was anything I could MINDLESS stitch on...

That's where I'm at for now...

The object of the Challenge is to only use what is in the pile, which is mainly various type of fabric, some have obviously been part of something else (but the origin of it n/a). Colour - type - texture - shape are all different.

I selected that I would use only what yarns are near me - and I selected a mixed container of beads - sewing needles AND THAT'S THAT

Result

Everything is still very much WIP and a new pile is forming - the "pile" isn't actually going down but the challenge is very good for the soul.

When I have deemed I've either "had enough" or "I'm done" - I shall then relook at "New Pile" and start adding or subtracting where need be

The Challenge wasn't to create anything...it was get back to making things - particularly as it has been difficult to leave the house for long periods as it seems that every now and then I need to lie down

PICTURES



a couple of other mindless pieces, haven't been photographed...

Comments

Ann said…
Well I certainly hope that your doctors can get you back in tip top shape soon.
Your mindless work looks wonderful and since you have reduced a pile of odds and ends that's a plus as well
Anonymous said…
I agree with Ann. I enjoy the colors in your 'mindless' work.
take good care of yourself dear friend. there is always time. xo
thanks on all accounts...now I've kind of decided not to throw much away, but to work with even the scraps that seem really "unusable"

and some of the results of the last 2 days are looking less "thrown together" even if they are...
yes that "always time" seem to be one of my key ideals right now...

I said to my friend Alison, on Friday - it didn't matter what or why I was stitching things together, as no one needs them...and they are keeping my mind from wallowing.

okay, today (Sat) short trip out caused my lower R leg to look off-edge when we got back...and tomorrow I'm supposed to be bussing to an event...I think I will wear the sox, even though I don't have to...
CheerfulMonk said…
"...the challenge is very good for the soul." Amen to that! Also you are feeding your subconscious mind, giving it something to work on. I'm doing something similar with computers right now. I'm doing a lot of exploring and gathering information rather than rushing to solve problems. It's a lot more powerful in the long run.

Popular Posts