I'm back, and I'm creating mainly "parts"

I've been back a week, but as we all know when one returns home - one is both tired, and there are other things to attend to - and then there are the ideas simmering...

I had intended to create with a different way to make "marks" on paper, before I went away but I didn't have the materials. I went shopping on Wednesday and yes the "mark making" is evolving...I'll show you what when "I've tried out a bit more" and in the case of this mornings' efforts "dry" .

I also did some other shopping in my one of my most op-shops across town, so lots of entertaining, mainly paper products came home with me...

And then "f/b events" reminded me of the bric'a'brac fabric and textiles sale was on today...I had to go and look and I've some more smashing materials to work with...

I did finish the covers on these 2 (about A5) notebooks but I need to add some objects inside:


Comments

Ann said…
It sounds like you are going to be having lots of fun creating with all the new materials. Your notebook covers are wonderful.
Anonymous said…
you're amassing quite an inventory of beautiful and unusual books!
do you think you will eventually have a 'show' of them?
but then I just had the thought... perhaps the wonderfulness of them is because there have been no deadlines and RULES and other things to hamper your
fantastic imagination. so....
GO CATHERINE!!! xoxo
definitely but at times, it's overwhelming - not the new stuff, it's not slotted away...but I think "well xyz would look good" and off I go to find it and "oops a few other things in here...." and then there are my online "makers" they come up with ideas, that are worth my attention...
yes, I've had the thought of a show...but then I think I've not quite enough!

and yes the deadlines/rules aren't hampering me ... love just making objects; playing...
CheerfulMonk said…
I'm so glad you are free to create what inspires you!
yes...agree

today I'm working on "tidying" up objects which include really mini books; slightly bigger books (none of these are within a larger cover) which are more notebook.

Then paper to "pages" some of it is my rubbishy sort of papers, that I have under things when glueing, painting, other so they are randomly very odd...but then I added some good paper for writing on...again booklet size

now I'm working through "ummpteen boxes of bits and pieces...trying to make them into "parts" that will be useful...

I'll some photos later as it's still middle of day here...but I'm taking a break.

Popular Posts