Ongoing creating of new series

And then she decided it was time to make a "statement" 
using words cut from other written material

(in this case a lovely book about rose growing...)

I believe not completely done

apparently a "bevy of lovers" as the book suggests...

Others still WIP

This process of working in a vastly different domain is very interesting. I get started on a small piece (these are quite small, about 1/2 x A4 size of paper) and I stop at some point, realise I need to get out another piece of paper and before I know I have 3+ works in progress. 

Some how my thinking process is running away with me...so in a way making that word statement, could mean I create less background before I find some words.

But is that what I want?

For now...today, yes

Comments

Life becomes a tad stranger, when the "words" I wanted to add to above statement, saw me snipping paper up from all kinds of "written wording" and this evening, I remembered I had a lot of type written paper from my days at University - either printouts or powerpoint print outs.
Then I found some of my essays - and with double spacing it's much easier to cut out "phrases/words/other..." One in particular is really have a huge input and that is an essay I wrote about a sad state of affairs of a prophet from my Theology genre. All kinds of words are being put in my new "word box" ...
CheerfulMonk said…
As usual, yay, Catherine!
Ann said…
Very nice. It's always fun to get lost in the process and let the project move you along
Anonymous said…
this is wonderful. a new freshness. a whole new idea! YES!
don't like the word idea really. more than that. but you know what I mean.
and that you've already found sources from your past essays to use. that's cool.
Monk says it best really. short and simple... "Yay Catherine!" lol.
definitely and as it has unfolded, each small piece seems to move a little further along...I have a number that need to be "finalised" - hoping to do that over the w/end...
one of todays' background (not finalised) pieces appears to have "words" but there are none, just black strips of paper !

Then when I was out and about, a contact in the art world made some suggestions: one about making larger pieces of work and two a TV series that is a design junkies competition and what the older woman did about using her "journey" - not quite like mine, but has overtones....

Popular Posts