No words!

Another small collage relating to darkness and mystery - this time those word strips are "BLACK & BLANK" and a little bit grungy...

***

And then yesterday my art gallery contact seemed rather taken with my new thinking in my art making - to a point where she offered me a seat for us to talk. 

She wondered out loud, if I would make larger canvases than my tiny works...

I didn't really commit other than to say they might become too busy, but then I thought well maybe I would need to have bigger pages, bigger strips and longer stitching...which in turn might mean bigger gashes to "mend/repair" 

but when I returned home, I thought that maybe I "could" 

And this morning I'm thinking more layering under the top layer of anything...and I've actually got some stretched canvas frames that will work for trial. Not large frames, but enough to see "if this could work"

And I thought to besides "mending" I might just colour the top layer with the colours that work with that genre - that allude to the feeling...including being in:

blue funk
grey mood
black thoughts
angry red
bilious green

possibly even white fury

but having the textures layers help with the colourways...

then maybe have it gashed and semi- mended.

Oh the mind of this new artistry!


Comments

Ann said…
Sounds like your creative mind is working full steam right now. I look forward to seeing where this leads you.
Yes, I believe my mind is "working" to a point where in the light of day, my working real space is kind of confused...but not in the bad way! Just are these "things" what I need for them or not. And secondly do I want to create anymore books or do I just have break from them...
I do have enough of the notebooks for the "order/Xmas time" completed...
CheerfulMonk said…
I'm glad you aren't under any pressure to do more books if you end up going completely in this new direction. This is really exciting!
yes, definitely exciting - with me thinking I might have to set up my easel again...I remember when I moved, someone said "but will you use it again...?"

and then there will be a chance to use my brushes and actual paints...including the paints and other stuff I bought to try and have only taken them out of the shipping box...

BUT I have to sort out a few things before any of that can happen...
Anonymous said…
THIS is exciting! a whole new direction.
like the path in the wood that Robert Frost wrote about.
and the beauty of it? no pressure. do your own thing. in your own time.
you have mastered that in this last year of 'making.' and it shows in your work!
I'm so happy for you! XO
It's kind of crazy

But maybe now that question I keep repeating "what will do now?" is actually being answered!

I've been thinking "some" on the history of my own art making, particularly during art school, when I would make one object/art/work and I would find it didn't "fit" with the notion of the mentor/s and one time case the art gallery.

I found a piece of that "gallery/mentor" work which in the end I painted it quite differently because apparently it was bad to have an obscure black thing in one corner, I think I had titled it something like "it's dead" or similar... I then recoloured to be quite different and the mentor said "that's better..."

Looking forward to using that "canvas" to make ....

Popular Posts