Mixed media Collage + Pilgrimage Handmade Book

As I've actually finished two items this morning, going to load both...(and I have not edited out the work table, apologies...)

looking down into it...

inside the front cover...and the start of the signature #1 (there are only 2 signatures)

this a photocopy of a genuine document I own, from the 1950s when we crossed the equator on a cargo ship (we: Mum and me on the way to the UK to visit my older sister)

photocopy of one of my random art works from either 2018/2017

other side of the equator paper with paper doily but still room to write

between the signatures (this soft card paper from a package that came from an art studio)

childhood book cover of mine...

me making a fancy print some time ago from some paper embellishments



all set to go on my journey
the pilgrimage...

"like moths they were drawn to the light, only to be consumed by the flames"
Mixed Media 
card, papers (top one a tissue and inked), threads, beads, metal ring.

The bead in the middle catches the sunlight as it's a glass crafted object...the other beads are from my jewellery pal...

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
Good for you! Where are you going on your trip?
thanks

"where...going...trip"? That isn't actually sorted yet...but it will be more than likely in this island (Nth Island).

I had thought to go direct to Rotorua, then I thought if I left on a weekday I might only go as far as Hamilton (2 nights) and then off to R.

And like Queenstown R is a jumping off point to go E, S or W...

My good friend Alison, said as she asked me..."I don't expect you will tell me where your first destination is, anyway?" And then I said I was think Rotorua, which led her to wonder would I get to E to the coast and then back up the E coast to Coromandel Peninsula. That set me off on a story about the C.Penins and she said "well you could lay those ghosts to rest"

But who knows where I will go...
Anonymous said…
oh Catherine!
what an enchanting book to take with you!
can't wait for the adventure to begin!
dusting off my exclamation points. getting them ready. LOLOL! XO
thanks one book front

but on the "adventure front" I've got a bit stuck...somehow my mind is saying "well yes mentally you are better, but how dare you think you can just swan away" and then I think well I did it before, what is different. A lot it seems. But I think I will still go at some point, just not sure when...
Ann said…
What a wonderful book. I just love how you use a wide variety of papers and prints in these.
thanks...I got that idea of course from the Internet to using different papers. Most of which I can write on the other side. Of course I can clip things to those printed pages, later. I could also later put a layer of gesso or similar over them and still write on them. But I probably won't

Popular Posts