basically how some will look...Chaos/Repair

I don't have enough black chip boards right now, but wanted you to see how these will look.
This not the entire collection, but there is one new one to show with the series. And at this stage all are completed. Finished size with backing board A4

"And then the Music died"
Mixed Media with papers, thread, embellishment, tape


"Darkness under Repair"
Mixed media: paper, surgical gauze, thread

"Stitching the Wounds"
Mixed Media: papers, threads, beads.

"Not happy memories"
Collage: with words on papers

"Mending: best option"
Mixed Media: tapa bark, threads, paper

"Drama of Life"
Mixed Media: paper, thread

***
I know I had said no titles as such, but I have at this moment in time, decided on some titles...

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
I love the drama of them!
yes I'm beginning to understand that as well...
Anonymous said…
O Catherine! they're so elegant.
and like Monk says... I too love the drama of them.
I like all of them except the one named "Mending... the Best Option."
and that's only because it reminds me of a big snake skin in pieces.
the others all left me fairly speechless. they're so beautiful!
don't laugh...
but I found I could hear music in my head when I saw them.
piano... elegance... soft jazz... haunting.
stop me. I fear I'm making a fool of myself! LOL. XO
you are so sweet, you make me smile...and thanks

I didn't even see "snake" in that one as it's part of a tapa cloth...I may have to change it a bit; or maybe it is a "snake" that has invaded my soul at times, recently...
thanks...

I'm pretty sure that mini-small/medium is making a bigger difference....
Ann said…
Very nice. I like the titles that you've given them
thanks ... still room to consider whether it's right or wrong from your ideals. As tammy has pointed out there's a "snake" in the mix, which hadn't occurred to me. Possibly because we don't have snakes in New Zealand....

Popular Posts