where to store growing supply of ephemera

so none of these "books" are anything like the idea gleaned from the Net, mainly because I decided to use some earlier books made and then make a similar but not decorated couple of folders...

I haven't finished of course, this pile of ephemera are relatively newly made or bought...but it's been fun. I have a couple more books to revamp!

One of the paper dolls had an accident, I broke of her head, but with the notion that there is about a 100 over these two folders, I don't think it matters, and she was probably a pair... I had them jumbled up yesterday but  now I've got a kind of "F/M" separation except where there are families...

the "vintage looking booklet" is not full...there are a few more pages that could have pockets and I've been trying out "pocket-making"

these are purpose made folders...so there are pockets on all sides to tuck in various sizes. The soft card was one of those "mistaken" buys, when I thought it was paper weight; but hey it's worked here!

these are handmade and embellished pockets

some of the pages needed strengthening...



this is an "on the side" pocket, which is actually a double pocket which is the same in next photo





this stripey thing has been cut...it's actually a type of banner; I just wanted to see if would work...

this showing how "stuffed" the little book has got
And it's now tied up..

I'm happy with how this has gone...
Especially since I have a "throat/eye" thing going on...
As soon as I started fiddling with cutters, glues etc...I felt a lot better


In case you thought, this would just stay like this...the ephemera is for other books...although none of the pink ephemera is here!

Comments

Ann said…
Oh I like all the pockets and the first picture with the group of people. It's all looking good
me too on the "liking" - I'm now sorting out yet more small paper scraps...I them stuffed in small plastic containers, and they were just jumbled...
Anonymous said…
little pockets are always fun.
I love the word ephemera! like ancient Greek.
I wondered what you'd be doing with the paper families!
it seems to be buzz word in this paper field...but every time I can't seem to spell-type it...but spellcheck knows what word I was trying to type.

not reading the fine print at the store, and finding so many in the paper dolls packet is a bit of a problem...oh well, I doubt I will not run out of them!

Popular Posts