Vintage/Retro touches of coffee and colour...

I found the "card" I wanted to put inside the front cover...it has got buried last evening when I was making the "notebook" - which I posted the cover WIP

Here are selected pages:

this cover is actually a canvas which means things don't stick to it too well...so it's also quite soft
one of my library date cards

add your own writing paper or whatever


pockets fill of this and that....

now this bag had an accident when I was trialling another way to make this book - so now it's a pocket with cards

1940s embroidery magazine

centre of signature with some charms added


another pocket with more adverts from the 1940s embroidery magazine

some roughly dyed paper (an experiment from last year)

deli paper bag turned into a pocket with cards

inside back cover

and the cover of the little book

Comments

this is going to the recipient next week, a thank you gift, with some of her ephemera which I have used either directly or re-made into cards etc...
CheerfulMonk said…
What a neat gift!
I think my recipient will be surprised...but on the other hand, not...
Ann said…
This is absolutely wonderful. A great gift that anyone would enjoy
Anonymous said…
I agree with Ann and Monk! it's "absolutely wonderful!"
as I was looking through it with you I couldn't help wondering...
how people in the future will see these treasures!
they have warmth and life and history in their bones. and when the world
has become machines and plastic and shiny and everything metallic...well.
oh my!
on the back of them... do you have a tiny beautiful stick-on label that says
'handmade by Catherine: the Maker' in sepia tones maybe? it would be lovely.
Very appealing indeed.
I've put my "maker" sticker inside the back page with a piece of tracing paper over it which also has the date (a bit blurred but it does say 2019 in sepia colour)...

Popular Posts