Not so unwell, so playing with some different paper

Apologies I've been unwell with a bad winter lurgy for a couple of weeks, and I was stern with myself when one day I thought I might play at "making" and then I was somewhat worse. My deadline was "nothing paper dusty" until this coming Monday. But I saw this idea a couple of days ago, so yesterday I fiddled with some stamps on some elderly tissue wrap and today, played with the masking paper....

This is Sunday and I've just had a lovely time printing things onto the masking paper...

R: is the actual cardboard sticker type objects 
L: is it printed onto the masking paper, so it's now actually see thru' in places.
Looking forward to playing some more: adding to forthcoming books

R: is the collage print on ordinary p/copy paper
L: on the masking paper 
the band in the middle has to do with how the original item was too narrow for the masking paper

Now this is a bit different; I owned a shop way back when, and we bought our tissue paper in a huge packet...it never all got used, and although I've used it here and there; never seriously dented the supply.
It used to be solid cream coloured but it's got a bit of a vintage look now...
So an idea gleaned from the net, had me stamping it with various stamps and coloured inks
I like the effect...
I tried it in my copier, oops the copier didn't like it, as it's much lighter than the masking paper
But I think if I had another supply of something, it might work...


Different ideas:
Gleaned a few other ideas over the last 10 days when unable to "make" but they need different supplies which I'm looking forward to working with...

Roll on Monday
that's tomorrow!




Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
Fingers crossed your restrictions are lifted!
Anonymous said…
I like the first one.
but oh my... that tissue paper one... all kinds of lovely thoughts ...
makes me think of aeroplanes… and old luggage.
or perhaps steam engine trains and that whistle in the rainy night...
distant places... maybe Hercule Poirot is aboard!
I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. not in the sweety hearty valentine way...
but in the sense of mystery and adventure and delicious secrets that are like
fine chocolate!
brava Catherine! so glad you're feeling better! xo


the finest chocolate!
Anonymous said…
darn. yes. and now I want chocolate and there is none in the house! LOL
If that is playing, I wonder how they would be when you are serious!
Ann said…
Oh I really like the looks of the last stamped tissue. If your copier has a scan bed you could put the tissue paper down then cover it with a piece of regular paper and it should copy better.
it was tough going out - but in all, even with variable sounding voice managed...not sure when I will go out again, although an event happening this w/end is something I had hoped to attend...
definitely on the mend...variable voice when talking to others, but getting there.

the stamps I used on the tissue paper are both "writing ?what but writi ng" and the other "postal type overstamps" Of course I overlaid them at parts but that's fun of this new book making...
I still have one bar of chocolate but now also more mini cakes - one has a lot of chocolate icing on it!
everything now is about "playing" - who wants to be "serious" ....

okay I understand where you are coming from, those play objects will become serious when I start using them...
nope, my printer is old ... but I understand if I press/iron it onto freezer paper it will help...have emailed someone in that world what "freezer paper" is called here; as many American paper items have vastly different names here....

I'm looking forward to tearing the tissue paper up and using it different ways with my inserts like "journal cards or tags" - so little time to do everything , sometimes

Popular Posts