Last of the Large "Pink"


Of course it's possible I will find more!
(taken with phone, as camera battery needed charging)

Left x 2 pieces. These are from the cover that suffered a huge injury when someone cut one of the edges too short. And today, after much debating, I cut them in half.

Bottom left is attached to a backing card
Top Left is not attached but it has had "plasters" and stitches added. It too will get on a backing card

Then there are both going to be somewhat different - more when I have that done...

Right: this is the last of the large piece of "pink" left (there are scraps). Yesterday, I stitched at Queens Arcade group the right side felt pieces (old sample colours from a now defunct company) and today found another set of colours for the left. 

A little undecided on what type of book this will be, thinking it might be better as a kind of wallet book...

On other matters of "where next?" 
I think that the pretty pink pills I have to readjust my asthmatic lungs back on deck
Are causing me less anguish

Yes I do need to redefine a few things
But the universe has said "this too will happen"

Meantime, making with things

Oops also went through some more cupboards today....
Does one person need 3 teapots!

Comments

Ann said…
I've had projects where things didn't go as planned and I've ended up using pieces in a different project. These all look nice and I'm sure that whatever kind of book you decide to make this time around it will be wonderful.
Glad the pretty pink pills are helping.
I think it's the universe telling me something - but at the time - I can't for the life of me seeing it in quite that way :-)

Thanks for helping me understand...
CheerfulMonk said…
I love the colors, and hope the pink pills do their job.
Anonymous said…
the way we are drawn to different colors interests me.
I have always wondered if it's a direct connection with something
dear to us... or a favorite memory perhaps? do you feel that?
like when you SEE it you're immediately drawn into its pull!
do artists see color that way? it's very interesting.
and I hope the little pink pills work in making you feel better!!! XO
the pink pills are working, but they are making me "see differently" - see next post ...
this is an interesting comment, given the next post will reveal...

I've never been much of a dim/soft person - always wanting to clash/colours/dash/brights...

And yes there will be colour, the first one has some very bright yellow as one of the background layers. But the message in the mixed media art work moves it quite a distance away...

Popular Posts