Vintage via Walnuts...

I've today basically finished the latest hand made books that was themed: walnuts.

I'm making it for a gift for a friend, and it will be leaving by post next week, my friend lives in the South Island and she was like a gift from heaven on my month long trip away.

This is the cover:

Last week, I asked her to photograph one of her walnut trees...which of course are losing their leaves as it's Autumn here in New Zealand...

To see more of the book, I have selected pages over at my wordpress blog

https://cedar51.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/vintage-with-walnuts/

Comments

Ann said…
Very nice. I bet your friend will love it.
I think she will be stunned...I have said "what is your physical address, as I'm sending you something..." she knows about what I did with her walnut shells, but I don't think she has any idea it's going to be arriving quite in this format...
She knows that whilst I was away I made collages; I did some of one when I was at her place, then when she was shelling her walnuts, I gathered up a small pile...
Anonymous said…
the ideas are endless. or I hope so anyway for a long time to come.
we're enjoying watching them 'turn into' books as much as you are!
I enjoy how you SEE things in everything! it's very special you know.
it's interesting in some ways, as often I do not leave the house much...lately twice a week; so I'm home alone (more alone since the antics in flat 2 still "odd"). So my ideas just stem from "what if" or "what should I do now"
Of course, I'm not short of supplies :-)

the "F" book is underway - but it has had a change of tactic...or maybe not, as I've only made the signatures, they are not sewn in. I was thinking along the lines of fitness...but now I'm thinking "F" could relate to fashion - but not today's fashion...

Popular Posts