ooops back again..."lovely books"

Somehow, I have forgotten completely about this blog that features what I'm doing...as Catherine:theMaker.

I'm still making handmade books, some still in the same vein, whilst more ideas keep arriving and I'm having so much "fun"

Yesterday I took a small selection of my new books (plus some that caused the new way) and my friend was impressed

To a point

Where she bought one of the smaller notebooks that she going to use as a birthday card for her teenage grand daughter!

Not a big sale, but it made me realise "I can do it"

Here are some pictures of some, not the one I sold...

the one with the red spine is a bit different it has an invisible spine stitching and 3 dear little books inside....the others are more notebooks with single signatures...

And I've worked out a "me" way to create pseudo vintage papers either with coffee or tea dyes...

 autumn leaves picked up from my driveway and somehow my photography turned them into delicious looking colours. I will probably use this as a print for journals ....
 Playing around with "gimp: and turning some black and white photos into sepia...sideways here on purpose but again I think this make good inserts into my pseudo vintage journals
And these are basically DL5 sized notebooks - made with a selection of paper including some I created with my own earlier art works....(pink lace was to show me "done")

Thoroughly enjoying the processes...and at the same time using up oddments; including oddments that come from recent op-shop purchases...making mini collages.

Nothing feels tedious and at the end of a working session, I always feel I'm "ahead" and chuffed. There is however one problem, I get so engrossed I forget to have lunch!

Comments

Ann said…
Hooray for selling one your notebooks and even better that it wasn't even planned. I really like the way the photo of the leaves looks
yes still on cloud 9 over the sale...
Anonymous said…
the more you do of these the better they get.
and a side benefit is that they're so much fun! for you and us!
fascinating idea to turn the photos sepia.
THIS blog always shows up in my personal account.
it's another google mystery why your other one doesn't! oh well!
thanks...

email, one of my places I go to online and get notifications was forever going direct to spam....I finally set up a filter for it go to one of the folders...gmail still tells me very bold yellow it could be dangerous but I know it's not... and everything from that "address" goes into that folder, even nothing to do with their newsletter, but rather anything they personally send me...

Popular Posts