see thru' pages - hand made

I go love the Internet and all the ideas it gives us...but when you try to find the "paper" that a bookmaker in another part of the world, raves about...it can be a mission to find it here!

I now know what it's official name is here and who makes it here...just have access the best deal. Someone has suggested I call the manufacturer; that seems like it could pan out to bring forth samples, before I actually say "yes..."

But this week, I also went shopping at an art store and came home, (not with it) but other things that might work and I got the idea to work, this on tracing paper (cut to fit my printer) now to access the caramel coloured paper...by the way this is "pseudo sand" which some may recognise from art installations...there are other colours, but this has worked the best!!!

however, in a way "tracing paper" actually way more expensive than say a roll of paper...

sand was created from an earlier foray into artistic endeavours, a bigger piece and cut into chips for "sand"

the words under are from an academic info paper just to show the see thru' look....

What I'm mainly doing right now is TWO things:

Thing ONE - revamp my living space which is also my main work space as it has the best natural light and actually more space

Thing TWO - collect and collect either via really big art$ or the opshop$ - objects so I can get on with making more books - either with many good pages including oddball pages or more in notebook format for one to write in (lists etc) but all artistic looking covers...

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
I really enjoy reading about your adventures!
trying to put the "adventures" together...I started on something that was "waiting" this evening, when I suddenly thought it was rather late - it was pitch black outside...I trundled off to the bedroom, got settled then looked at my phone - oops it wasn't even 7pm!

so I got out of bed and fetched my laptop...and here I am, an hour later...

maybe tomorrow I will get a book under way....
Anonymous said…
I always enjoy hearing about the 'process!'
and had to laugh. just lately I was so zonked I thought …
"wow. I've stayed up too late." it was 7:30! lol
there are certainly a lot more "process" happenings - I have had one of those days today when my mind and my hands are at loggerheads. I was sitting here at one point wondering why I was still trying to do xyz...I think I was trying to separate some paper and my hands just weren't in the mood...then later it was the scissors "why do scissors have minds?"

but then I remembered that recently I decided that I would follow "peace and purpose" at my own pace and ability...and then I thought - "you've on a peaceful day, everyone has gone off to work next door..."

Popular Posts