Making Books...

When you sift/sort up life - and then decide, "how much paper do I have?" the kind you are going to do something with...

So I had been gathering old books, newer books with hardback covers, I knew at some point I would either alter them or gut them...

It seems that "gutting" is the way

I'm keeping the inner parts for when I get even bolder and add different papers to my signatures, but for now these are mainly "craft paper" or photocopies of my art works with a sprinkling of abstract painted papers...

And two are in progress - one has gone a step further this morning AND is a new BOOK to work in...


The next photo is the makings of another book, a bit smaller with the theme of "nature" - what I shied away from this morning to inserting the made signatures, was the spine was a bit more modern, seemed stiffer than the original spine on the book above...

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
That sounds like fun! Good for you. :)
certainly having some fun...Isobel just saw the book and commented "you've so creative" - and then she noted some other things drying ... these too will end up in other books.

and I've been delving into paper that is stored in a big way - lots of glue has been consumed and much is still drying...

yep fun!
Ann said…
I agree with Cheerful Monk, that does look like fun.
thanks Ann, much fun has happened...quite unexpected which is has been good for my soul...

I spent a lot of time today with not just that book but with much of more paper...at some point I thought I can "stop" moved a few things of the "table" so I could do other things i.e. eat food...

Then I was dishing up dinner, I looked down at a space away from said table and noticed "oops still under glass...so that had to be sorted out. It's aside for the next session as it wasn't quite dry and it looks like it needs "more"
Anonymous said…
they've said it all for me! it's fun just seeing them come alive.
you've given new meaning to the idea of "coffee table book!"

Popular Posts