Collage: Wanaka Wood Chip Mountain

Made most of this "on the road" but the backing bright blue is a painted canvas block from home.

(backing and cloth just there to hide furniture)

From bottom layer up:

shipping paper that a friend uses for her bookmaking which is coffee dyed and coated with gesso
my own blue dyed paper
snazzy material that I would in quilters shop in Arrowtown

wood chip - left over from the A & P show @ Woodchopping competition, which I thought was light enough to fit in my luggage and reminded me of mountains. I just happened to have strong glue with me, so adhered nicely

stone which I picked up from lake front, Wanaka and have faithfully carried it with me. (there were others that might have better but restricted on extra weight)

Other: pleased with outcome and can hang up here.....

Comments

Ann said…
Very nice and a great way to remember the trip.
it quite accidental that my first town after Queenstown was this place, only because I saw that an A & P show was going to be on that weekend...A=agriculture which means animals, tractors, competitions including "wood chopping..."
Anonymous said…
that is lovely! and it will be there to inspire you to take other trips.
I like the different elements and what they mean.
thanks...right now, it's raining and I don't wanna go anywhere!

Popular Posts