semi old "collage layers"



Top: I showed you part of it yesterday - the backing was the sticking point. Then I "found" something from my distant past. A collage of paper pieces, which were laminated together. And it is in fairly good "nick" - so it became the frame/backing with some extra collage pieces for fun. Finished the stitching to my needs

Bottom: this is not a recent stitching - in fact it's probably about the same age as the laminated paper above. It was when I first learnt how to attach beads with invisible beading thread...the backing material was quite a bit bigger, but I have cut it down and then layered it all on a couple of other backings of the paper/soft card kind.

Whilst I was working through issues with both of these, I have ended up with "fabric substrates" which means I have a lot of constructing to be going on with...

Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
They, and this site, look so elegant!
Ann said…
They look fabulous. I especially like the second. The colors on that one make me think spring.
thanks CM - I suppose what I like about the site, is it has less "menus" to contend with - they are probably available - but my usual ungeek self, no idea. Means I can load photos, add a bit of information - and only about what the "maker" is up to. I think maybe I will keep it on :-)
aha, yes that flower and the frill does give you Spring...of which I know you and others in your hemisphere are looking forward to...
someone said the first one reminded them of a "mandala" which is interesting because it was only when they said that (elsewhere) that I remembered I made a lot of temporary mandalas a couple of years ago...
Anonymous said…
I LOVE this new site. it appeals to me in every way.
I'm glad you're not into all the menu items. it's clean and simple.
and it makes your art stand out!
(except I see the yellow words but I can't read them. may be a totally personal thing?) !!! does anyone else have trouble with the yellow writing?
going to subscribe to this now. xo
I haven't worked out to fix the "faded out yellow words" ... I think they reference the labels, but it annoys me, so I will try and fix

Thanks for coming by...
found something in dashboard, seemed to be linked to the "colour theme" I had chosen...hope this looks better on your screen
Anonymous said…
I came back and re-visited this post. I often do that.
as with all art... that's the beauty of it. you see things you missed the first time!
the second one … the one you said is your first time with the beads and invisible
thread? I had a sudden flash that it was from an old prom. it had been treasured
and saved by someone and put in the attic of their memories. it just has that feel to it.
I feel like this new blog is your own little gallery! and I love it! ok.
enough gushing for today. I'm trying to be a less gusher. I suppose I have been all my life. but at 73 it's probably time to outgrow it. LOLOL! xo

Popular Posts