Less Heat just ordinary Summer time...so "the maker" returns

Very few of these pictures are completely completed but thought a short heads up that the proposed "heatwave" is more arriving in the middle of the night. It's not cloudy today, but it isn't really truly "hot, hot, hot" - but finally my hands to the pump, so enough!






Top - Base:

these two backings came about when I was trying to fit the base collage - so they too will be layered and stitched at some point

collage #6 "Rebel if necessary" - is quite small, and I don't think the unravellings are going to stop...

collage #7 - has been rejigged a number of times - finally I realised today that it couldn't be re-fixed because I had started the beads days ago. So at this point it looking like being a pocket book! (WIP)

collage #8 - 3 hearts each on their own substrate but still WIP as I've come to a standstill with them, considering making some other plain woollen fabric and turning them into "xyz" - these hearts were in a different format on a backing cloth, but I couldn't decide what to do with them, so cut them up/out of said fabric....

collage #9 - I'm working on the top layer, nothing is attached. This is what happens when the top two fabrics will not work with whatever, you are trying to do....


Comments

CheerfulMonk said…
I love them! A good way to take your mind off the heat, I would think. It helps for me.
Yes, it helps me as well - have been thinking about the "planning" for the 2 basically blank canvases this afternoon; too hot to weld a metal needle/thread. Thought I might make some a bit different with say applique - time will tell :-)
Ann said…
I like them all. This looks like it would be a lot of fun to do
it is fun - and it helps me "keep out of the sun, and off the streets" - I doubt I will ever completely use up textiles - be it cloth, threads or embellishments. And they are small enough (nothing much has been A4 size), so I don't get bogged down...

Popular Posts