Heatwave, a bit too hot to stitch, a lot...

Combining a metal needle, threads, tiny beads and sometimes woollen material - and then adding in hot sticky weather - makes it more difficult to concentrate on "making" anything...

Rather, I have been sorting up and sifting out - materials etc that I feel I won't be using in the foreseeable future. Much of the ditched stuff, is replaceable as I like to recycle and therefore objects & material appear when they are needed.

This photo is from my archives:

homemade mini journal with abstract painted front page....

Comments

Ann said…
I remember trying to crochet a blanket in the summer years ago. Once it started getting big I couldn't stand to have it on my lap.
I need to sort and sift but I have such a hard time getting rid of anything
sift/sort has been a kind of goal for January this year - I was supposed to do it last year, particularly the items stored in the shed - all I managed last year was the yarns. This year, I have got all the textiles/materials/tools sorted. Even to the point a number of things live with other crafters...and I have a couple of reasonable large bags destined for the thrift shop.

But once, I got into the program of sift/sort - it moved over to other items, not just craft stuff!

Popular Posts